Wednesday, March 3, 2010

House Rabbit Society


HRS logo

This is such a great resource if you have ever thought about having a pet rabbit. I have learned soooo much from the House Rabbit Society. Rabbits are becoming more and more popular as pets, but most people don't have a clue how to properly care for them. I wish I knew as much when I got my first rabbit as I do now. Unfortunately even I learned a lot of things the hard way. The link goes to the national HRS, but there are local chapters all over the place now. My home chapter is San Diego, about 35 miles away.. Its a great chapter. It has a great news letter that I learn something from each issue. Their mission is to find homes for rabbits in shelters before "their time is up". Also to educate people on how to care for rabbits. They do a great job.

Check it out! Even if you are not ready to commit to a house rabbit....the pictures are adorable!